- Kameez / Kurta with Shalwar / Pajama along with Achkan / Sherwani / Waist Coat.(Waist Coat must be worn, carrying it on hand or hanging it on the arm of the chair / sofa etc. is not acceptable).
- Lounge suit or combination with necktie.
- Trouser with shirt. Trouser and bush-shirt or safari suit.
- Wearing of necktie, with trouser and shirt is mandatory in Lounge & Dining Hall after sunset.
- Sports shirts of any type are not allowed in Lounge or Dining Hall.
- Shoes or moccasin with socks and chappal with back strap.
- Joggers are not allowed.
- Wearing of Jeans irrespective of the colour, is not allowed [ the jeans is termed as Denims or Levis .trousers with 2 x front / back pockets or on both sides, with the seams and other points of stress reinforced with thick cotton thread / small copper rivets.
- Dress Regulations of all sports activities as laid down by respective disciplines must be strictly adhered to.
- There is no dress restriction for the Family Cafe or Chandni Cafe. Members and their guests are expected to wear smart informal dress. Wearing of shorts/back strapless chapels is not permitted. Shorts would however, be allowed to children under 10 years of age. However, for these cafes only the back entrance should be used.
- Members or their guests not properly dressed would not be allowed to use the Club and would constitute a violation of Club dress regulations.
- Club dress rules are also applicable in the parties arranged by the worthy members in-doors. In case of open air buffet or BBQ members and their guests are expected to be neatly and decently dressed. Wearing of Dhoti or shorts or strapless chappals is not permitted.
- Members (officers of grade 18 & above) of Defence Forces/Law enforcement agencies are allowed to visit the Club in their uniforms.
Children under the age of 7 years are not allowed in the Main Club at all times. Male members of a member’s family above the age of 18 are not entitled to the independent use of the Lahore Gymkhana except as a Non-earning Member. Children above the age of 7 years are allowed to accompany their parents at Buffet Lunches, Dinners, Bar-b-Que, Film shows and in the Dining Hall on holidays.
Boys between the age of 13 and 18 years and daughters above 13 years are allowed to attend the Tombola, provided they are accompanied by their parents.
CHILDREN’S DRESS REGULATIONS:
- Club Dress Regulations are applicable, at all times, to the children over 7 years of age.
- Children under seven years of age are not allowed to enter the Main Club Building at all times except on the public holidays, family dinner and Bar B. Q. On these occasions children may not observe dress regulations.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to attend Tombola. However, accompanied children over 12 years of age can attend Tombola provided they are dressed according to Club dress regulations.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted in the Lounge & Dining Hall.
Outstation guest/s accompanied by members are allowed in the Club. Local guests residing in Lahore or Lahore Cantonment are not to be introduced as guests or to use the Club facilities. The member introducing a guest will be responsible for:-
- his guest’s conduct within the Club premises.
- all charges or expenses incurred by the guest himself or on behalf of the member.
- any loss or damage caused by such guest/s.
Members are requested to:
- enter the guests in the Guest Register placed at all the disciplines and Main Reception
- ensure that their guests turn up according to Club dress regulations.
SERVANTS, PETS & ARMS:
- Servants (Male/Female) accompanying children are not allowed inside the Lahore Gymkhana premises except in the designated area.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed into any part of the Lahore Gymkhana. A fine fixed by the Committee of Management from time to time will be levied for each infraction of this rule. The amount of fine shall be debited to the members account.
- Arms irrespective of type and bore are not allowed to be carried / brought inside the Lahore Gymkhana Club. Security Staff of Lahore Gymkhana equipped with weapons are, however, exempt from the above restriction.
- The guests staying or visiting Club Guest Rooms if in possession of arms must deposit the same at the Guest Room reception before they proceed to occupy the rooms.
MATRIMONIAL FUNCTIONS & BIRTHDAYS:
Holding of matrimonial functions like walima and barat reception and birthday parties is not allowed in the banquet hall, main hall, party room and elsewhere in the club.